Adoption Tips for Nevada Birth Mothers
Adoption is not an easy choice to make. Fortunately, with the right support, like Adoption Choices of Nevada, navigating the adoption process can be easy! Here is a list of the top adoption tips for pregnant women considering adoption, birth mothers going through the adoption process, and even for women who have so bravely finalized adoption and placed her baby for adoption.
- Consider all your pregnancy options – parenting, terminating your pregnancy, adoption
- Write down the pros and cons of each option and the impact on you and your family
- Talk to a trusted friend or family member, or professional counselor
- Talk to another birth mother
- Join an adoption birth mother support group
- Ask questions!
- It’s okay to feel emotionally torn
- You do not have to defend your choice
- Acknowledge boundaries and respect adoptive parents
- Maintain contact with your adoption professional and chosen adoptive family
- Openness isn’t only about you
- Plan ahead
- You are in control of your adoption plan
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself
- Take your time in making decisions
- Allow yourself to grieve post-placement.
- And don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Communication, communication, communication
- Remember adoption is about making a parenting choice for a child, not giving up
Adoption Choices of Nevada has been providing adoption and surrogacy services across Nevada since 2012. If you need adoption in Vegas or you are considering adoption in Reno and you’re searching for local adoption agencies, you can call us to speak to someone now. Contact Us 24/7: 855-940-4673 (Toll-Free) | 702-474-4673 (Las Vegas) | 775-825-4673 (Reno) | 775-738-4673 (Elko) | 775-884-4673 (Carson City).