By Jordan Smith
If you are a woman considering adoption, it is important for you to be fully informed about what the adoption process looks like here at Adoption Choices of Nevada. At our adoption agency in Reno, there is an adoption plan that is put in place at the beginning of your journey with us to clarify that you are engaged with a plan of your choice.
Adoption Choices of Nevada is a respected adoption agency, and here we respect the birth mother’s choices and the adoption plan that best suits you. Here will be explained what exactly the adoption process will look like for you, and it will help you better understand that you are in complete control of your adoption plan.
What Does the Adoption Process Look Like for Birth Mothers?
The process of adoption and pregnancy can be stressful and may cause you to have negative feelings about yourself. This is why Adoption Choices of Nevada offers additional resources to your birth mothers for security and your emotional state.
Steps for Your Reno Adoption
- After you have contacted Adoption Choices of Nevada and you have established, that adoption will be the best option. You will then talk to your adoption specialist. This is when you and your adoption specilisrwill begin to build your adoption plan.
- It is vital for you to know that here at Adoption Choices of Nevada, you will be in complete control of how you want your adoption plan to go. Meaning you get to choose what type of adoption you want to pursue, choose the adoptive family, create your birth plan, and you’re fully involved with post-placement discussions in regard to any contact.
- Creating your adoption plan with your counselor is the best time to communicate about what kind of services or resources you may need. Your counselor will ask you questions, so you can relay what type of adoption you seek, your family preferences, and much more.
- You will work with your counselor to view adoptive family profiles. Adoption Choices of Nevada will narrow down the families to ones that better match your preferences.
- After you have found an adoptive family, you and your adoption counselor will wrap up your adoption plan. Your counselor will have gotten to know you and will be able to help you with any resources you may need. Anything from financial assistance to proper medical care.
- Adoption Choices of Nevada helps with communication throughout your pregnancy and after the baby’s birth. During postpartum, we also provide you with counseling and support.
What Resources Does Adoption Choices of Nevada Offer to Birth Mothers?
An unexpected or unplanned pregnancy can bring what feels like heavy, negative influences to your daily life. Adoption Choices of Nevada strives to help birth mothers with any necessity that you may need.
So what are the resources that Adoption Choices of Nevada offer to birth mothers during and after the pregnancy?
- Pregnancy Expenses are a financial resource that your counselor can help you with. To do this, your counselor will help you budget your monthly finances so you can receive help from Adoption Choices of Nevada with the funds to cover such bills.
- Medical Care is a resource that we offer to ensure that our birth mothers have the best prenatal care. Your counselor can also help you with arranging transportation to and from your medical appointments. The safety and health of mother and child are very important to us at Adoption Choices of Nevada.
- Housing Help is a resource that the laws of Nevada allow for appropriate and reasonable housing during your pregnancy and postpartum recovery. We want your living situation to feel safe and secure for you and your family during this time. Your adoption counselor will help provide you and your family shelter and help you determine the assistance you may need in paying your monthly rent.
- Transportation is sometimes a hassle, and we know how important it is for you to take care of yourself during your pregnancy. Adoption Choices of Nevada will help you with the appropriate transportation needs during your pregnancy and postpartum recovery.
- Support is an important resource we offer our birth mothers. Your counselor will be with you throughout the entire adoption process, and she will make sure your adoption plan is special to your liking. The support does not end at post-placement. Rather you will have counseling and support during your postpartum recovery. Adoption Choices of Nevada also offers a Birth Parent Support Group that meets regularly. There you and other birth parents can talk about your adoption experiences, and you may attend these meetings for as long as you would like.
We at Adoption Choices of Nevada are Here for You, No Matter Your Age
At Adoption Choices of Nevada, we will work hard to give you the best adoption experience and total security. We find it important that you know what the adoption process looks like and know that you will have support throughout your journey with us. Our services of counseling and support are provided during postpartum, and the other resources we provide are to strictly provide safety in your day-to-day life. Transportation can be a struggle, along with pregnancy, housing, and medical bills. This is why Adoption Choices of Nevada has these resources here for birth mothers to ensure your safety, health, and well-being.
Adoption Choices of Nevada has been providing adoption and surrogacy services across Nevada since 2012. You can call us to speak to someone now. Contact Us 24/7: 855-940-4673 (Toll-Free) | 702-474-4673 (Las Vegas) | 775-825-4673 (Reno)