Returning to “normal” after you place your baby up for adoption can be challenging. You may question how you will return to normal after the adoption process. As the birth mother, returning to work/school or back to your social life can be nerve-wracking. After all, many of your friends and family know you were pregnant, and ultimately, you chose adoption. We understand this is scary as you fear judgment, confronting those who may be disappointed in your decision, etc. However, no matter what your “normal” life looked like before adoption, know that with time and patience, you can return to normalcy.
We here at Adoption Choices of Nevada want to offer you the best and most helpful advice we can. No birth mother should fear returning to normalcy after adoption. We recommend sharing essential information about your adoption process with adoption in Nevada or Las Vegas to make this process easier.
Addressing Questions From Your Friends and Family
With the topic of adoption come many questions and concerns from people who aren’t familiar with the adoption process in Nevada. Informing friends and family of the process can be the best way to combat misjudgment and negative opinions. Though informing and educating can be helpful, remember you are in control of what and how much you tell people. You should only share information that you are comfortable with regarding your pregnancy or adoption. Some questions you may hear after giving up your child for adoption may include:
- Why would you give your baby up?
- Is the birth father behind this decision?
- Were you not able to take care of your baby?
- How do you know their new home is safe?
It is normal to hear questions like this after placing a child up for adoption. Most of the time, these questions and concerns come from a place of love for you and your child. Other times, these questions can stem from negative connotations surrounding adoption. Just do your best to explain how and why adoption was the best choice for you and your child! You can also go into detail about the steps of your adoption plan and explain how you took the precautions to ensure your child’s safety.
Denouncing negative stereotypes can prevent individuals from spreading the same misconceptions to other people. Reassure your friends and family that choosing adoption isn’t a selfish decision but a decision that will help better you and your child’s life. Always remember that you made the brave decision for your child and said, “I want to put my child up for adoption” to make sure your child has a great life.
Reassure Friends and Family of the Help You’re Receiving From Adoption Choices of Nevada!
Though the concerns regarding your child’s well-being are significant, going into detail about the benefits of choosing adoption for you is equally important. For example, suppose you went through or are currently going through the adoption process in Las Vegas or our other locations in Nevada. In that case, you know we offer a lot of assistance!
The goal here at Adoption Choices of Nevada is to help you navigate adoption in the best way possible. We will assist you in any way beneficial to you, whether emotionally, physically, or financially. Explaining to others about the adoption process here at Adoption Choices of Nevada can create a better understanding. Make it aware that you, as the birth mother, are in control of the entire adoption plan!
Our Goal Here at Adoption Choices of Nevada:
- Aid in assisting with adoption in Las Vegas and surrounding areas
- Answering questions about adoption, the adoption process, fees associated with adoption, etc
- Ensuring you understand your decision to choose adoption
- Providing you with the best support through your pregnancy up to the adoption
Let them know that we offer an adoption process catered to you! Our adoption process allows you to make the decisions to ensure your and your child’s happiness. We have multiple options that accommodate you and your child’s needs. We know that everyone’s situation is different.
- Begin with contacting us at 855-940-4673 for information about our adoption agency. You can reach out to any of our locations about adoption in Nevada.
- You will be in touch with an adoption counselor to decide if adoption is the best option for you and your child.
- If you choose adoption, we will help you create an adoption plan. You will select the type of adoption you want, choose an adoptive family, and discuss whether you’d want post-placement communication.
- Once you create your adoption plan, you will see a list of potential adoptive families! Adoption Choices of Nevada will help you narrow down your choices if needed.
- Once you complete your adoption plan, we will offer you any necessary financial and medical assistance needed throughout your pregnancy.
- The last step we aid all birth mothers in is aiding in post-placement communication!
Heading Back to Life After Adoption
Given our information, you may be confident enough to share your adoption process and its journey! Remember, as the birth mother. You should not feel bad about your decision because of others’ perceptions. Everything will be fine if you know you’ve made an excellent decision for you and your child.
Whether you’re heading back to work or school, take it daily, as going back will initially feel strange. Here is a list of things to remember when you return to work/school:
- Be confident in yourself and your decision.
- Take your return nice and slow, don’t rush the journey.
- Remember that you aren’t here to satisfy anyone’s thoughts about adoption.
- Educate those who may not understand the process of adoption in Las Vegas or other surrounding cities in Nevada
- Reach out for support if needed!
If you struggle to adjust to your normal life, we are always here to help! We offer counseling if that’s something you’d think would help. As the birth mother, your goal is to make the right choice for you and your baby. If you are seeking more guidance, feel free to reach out. Adoption Choices of Nevada has been providing adoption and surrogacy services across Nevada since 2012. You can call us to speak to someone now. Contact Us 24/7: 855-940-4673 (Toll-Free) | 702-474-4673 (Las Vegas) | 775-825-4673 (Reno) | 775-884-4673 (Carson City).