Are you a teen experiencing an unplanned pregnancy? Are you currently searching for unwanted pregnancy options near you? Do you want to know more about teen pregnancy and the adoption process? Giving up a child for adoption can be overwhelming, especially when you are of a younger age. Don’t worry because you have options with Adoption Choices of Nevada. When deciding what’s next, remember that there is support here to help you make only the best decision for you and your baby.
Weighing Your Unplanned Pregnancy Options in Reno
Learning and understanding your options is essential when deciding what route you plan on taking. We are here to help you understand your options if you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy at a young age. When looking for unwanted pregnancy options, you will learn that you have three main possible options.
- Deciding to keep the baby.
- Place the baby up for a Reno adoption.
- Abortion (with some restrictions)
Deciding to Parent a Child
Ultimately deciding to keep your baby is always an option that is available to you! Parenting is not easy by any means, especially at a young age. Becoming a mother comes with great responsibility, and knowing if you’re ready to handle parenting is essential. However, being a teen parent is possible with the proper support and resources. Suppose you know in your heart that you can emotionally, physically, and financially support your baby. In that case, keeping your baby may be the option for you.
Depending on your situation, we suggest speaking to your parents or legal guardians as well as the birth father. With their help, you may find coming up with a decision for you and your baby is much easier. You don’t have to make this life-changing decision alone.
Choosing Adoption for Your Baby
Adoption can be challenging, especially because so much thought, planning, and consideration go into it. At Adoption Choices of Nevada, we try our best to make the Reno adoption process as smooth as possible. Adoption is a common route parents usually take when experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. We understand that raising a child comes with much responsibility, resources, and time. If you don’t have the time or resources to raise a child, we recommend possibly considering adoption.
We understand if you’re not ready to become a parent at a young age. If you decide you want to place your baby up for adoption in Nevada, just know that we will make sure your baby goes to a loving and safe home. By choosing adoption, your baby will grow up safe and healthy while you can go out and pursue all of your dreams.
Our goal here at Adoption Choices of Nevada is to:
- Aid in assisting with adoption in Nevada, including adoption in Reno and surrounding areas.
- Answer your questions about adoption, the adoption process, adoption plans, fees associated with adoption, etc.
- Make sure you know your rights as a birth parent.
- Providing you with the best support through your pregnancy up to the adoption.
The Adoption Process in Reno
Now that you have an idea of our goals let’s discuss the adoption process.
We want to guide you through the adoption process if you decide to place your baby up for adoption.
- Contact us at 855-940-4673 to discuss adoption questions or if you’re considering giving up a child for adoption.
- Speaking with an adoption counselor of ours to decide whether or not adoption is the right choice for you.
- Creating your adoption plan in which you decide what assistance you need, the type of adoption you prefer, and your adoptive family preferences.
- Choosing the adoptive family your baby will go to.
- Finalize your adoption plan. We will make sure you receive the proper medical care throughout your pregnancy.
- Support and counseling after the adoption has been finalized and your baby is with their adoptive family.
Choosing to Terminate Your Pregnancy
Ending a pregnancy early is a touchy subject matter to some, considering the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade. Terminating a pregnancy in the United States is very limited now, so understanding the restrictions is essential. These rights are now ultimately up for state officials to decide.
Are you eligible to receive to End Your Pregnancy early?
- You can legally receive and terminate your pregnancy if you’re, at most, 25 weeks and six days pregnant.
- Keep in mind that even though you’re legally able to get an abortion up to 25 weeks, or six days, many providers still stop providing abortions weeks earlier in the pregnancy.
- If you’re past 25 weeks, or six days pregnant, you can only receive an abortion if it’s for serious medical reasons or to save your life.
When you’re not eligible to terminate the pregnancy:
- If you’re past 25 weeks, six days pregnant.
- You’ll need to travel to another state that legally allows abortions.
- If you’re under 18, you must receive permission from a parent.
You are in control of your unplanned pregnancy
As you know, you have options when facing an unplanned pregnancy. We are here to assist you in making the best possible decision for you and your baby. You must be true to yourself and decide what’s best for you at a young age. Adoption Choices of Nevada wants you to understand the reality of becoming a parent so you can find the best option for you.
Are you ready to discuss adoption?
If you are seeking more guidance about unwanted pregnancy options, feel free to reach out. Adoption Choices of Nevada has been providing adoption and surrogacy services across Nevada since 2012. You can call us to speak to someone now. Contact Us 24/7: 855-940-4673 (Toll-Free) | 702-474-4673 (Adoption Las Vegas) | 775-825-4673 (Reno Adoption) | 775-884-4673 (Carson City).