Unplanned pregnancies often cause a wide range of emotions and circumstances in an individual or couple’s life. Often an overwhelming experience, an unplanned pregnancy can bring a multitude of challenges to a birth mother and their loved ones as they seek to approach their next steps. Yet whether a pregnancy brings joy or fear, it can be a comfort to know that there are safe and reliable options moving forward.
Unplanned Pregnancy: What it Means for You
An unplanned pregnancy is one that occurs when an individual or couple does not expect/want to bear a child at the time of the pregnancy. Unplanned pregnancies often result in a range of emotions for those involved, including fear, anxiety, surprise, and even joy. Thus, it can be helpful to understand the different types of unplanned pregnancies, as well as the factors that may have contributed to your unplanned pregnancy.
- A pregnancy that is not desired at any time. This means that you are certain that you do not want to bear a child.
- A pregnancy that occurs earlier than an individual/couple plans or desires. This means that you may feel underprepared or not ready to bear a child during the time of your pregnancy.
- A pregnancy that occurs during challenging circumstances and brings about great emotional, financial, or social distress. This may mean that you feel that you are not ready to bear a child due to stressful circumstances outside of the pregnancy itself.
Each of the three types of unplanned pregnancies can come about for a variety of reasons. Some key factors that may have played into your unplanned pregnancy include:
- Lack of contraceptives and/or knowledge of contraceptives
- Contraceptive failure
- Sexual violence/coercion
- Underlying medical conditions
- Financial hardship
- Lack of social support
Depending on your situation, you may feel overwhelmed with feelings of shock, grief, anger, confusion, and anxiety about your unplanned pregnancy. However, there are many resources available to help you through the process. Seeking professional help through adoption agencies may be the best option for you, your loved ones, and your future child.
Seeking Adoption for My Baby
If you or someone you know is experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, you may choose to raise the child, legally terminate the pregnancy, or create an adoption plan. When taking the next step in the process of an unplanned pregnancy, you might be asking yourself how to put a child up for adoption. Adoption is a safe and reliable way that can help put your mind at ease and guide you through your pregnancy while finding a safe and loving home for your future child.
Whether adoption sounds like the right choice for you, or you just want to know how the adoption process works, Adoption Choices of Nevada is here to help. If you are still pregnant or have already given birth, we offer many personalized services to help you, your loved ones, and your future child through this period of uncertainty.
Information About Adoption, I’m Pregnant
Adoption Choices of Nevada offers numerous services to you and your family to help you through your unplanned pregnancy. Not only helping you find a trusted home for your future/current child, adoption Nevada also works with many mothers and families just like you to help work through the stress and emotions of an unplanned pregnancy.
One of the services we provide at Adoption Choices of Nevada is helping you choose which adoption plan is right for you. These plans include:
- The choice for the birth mother and an adoptive family to stay in contact with each other, offering open and honest communication about a child, and allowing a birth mother and an adopted child to have a future relationship.
- The choice between a birth mother and an adoptive family where the two parties do not disclose full names, and the birth mother does not stay in contact with their adopted child and the adoptive family.
- The choice for a birth mother and adoptive family is torn between open and closed adoption. Semi-closed adoptions entail a relationship between birth mothers and adoptive families through a third-party intermediary (adoption agencies).
Choosing one of these options may seem daunting. However, Adoption Choices of Nevada makes the process easy, offering plenty of support by giving you information about your pregnancies, offering confidential counseling and support groups, and even offering medical services and aid for pregnant adoptions, allowing you and your family the resources you need to move through the adoption process.
If you or a loved one is seeking Adoption in Nevada for an unplanned pregnancy, Adoption Choices of Nevada will be here to guide you with gentleness and care through each and every step of the way. We understand that the process may feel stressful and overwhelming. Just know that our job is to help make it as easy as possible to find the perfect adoption path for you. Please feel free to contact us for help through your journey.